Monday, July 30, 2012

Price comparisons Of HTC T8788 7 Surround Unlocked Phone with Windows 7, Surround Sound, 5MP Camera and HD Video - US Warranty - Black

HTC T8788 7 Surround Unlocked Phone with Windows 7, Surround Sound, 5MP Camera and HD Video - US Warranty - Black

HTC T8788 7 Surround Unlocked Phone with Windows 7, Surround Sound, 5MP Camera and HD Video - US Warranty - Black

Code : B004HWZ5KM
Category :
Rating :
RECOMMENDED TODAY
* Special discount only for limited time

Product Details

• Amazon Sales Rank: #11836 in Cell Phone Accessories
  • Color: Black
  • Brand: HTC
  • Model: T8788
  • Dimensions: 2.40" h x
    .50" w x
    4.70" l,
    .36 pounds

Features

• This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
  • 3G-enabled Windows Phone 7 smartphone with 3.8-inch touchscreen and slide-out speakers with Dolby Mobile and SRS surround sound
  • Windows Phone 7 OS provides easy access to social networking, personal/corporate e-mail, office apps, Xbox LIVE games, streaming media, and more
  • 5-megapixel camera with HD 720p video capture; 16 GB internal memory; Wireless-N Wi-Fi; Bluetooth stereo music; GPS for navigation and location services
  • Up to 4 hours of talk time, up to 264 hours (11 days) of standby time; released in November, 2010

Product Description

The HTC Surround weighs 5.8 ounces and measures 4.7 x 2.4 x 0.5 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 264 hours (11 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus international 3G networks (2100 MHz).

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

67 of 72 people found the following review helpful.
5Excellent Business & Entertainment Phone
By Diego Vega Aguirre
I have been using this phone for about six weeks by now. Before I got the HTC Surround I used Apple's iPhone 3GS, and HTC Touch Pro. I will review not just the phone, because I think the OS is also very important when talking about HTC Surround.Dimensions and CharacteristicsI think the screen size is the same of iPhone's 3G or 4G. Talking about image quality, I can't find any differences between them, of course there might be some technical differences but I am not able to notice them with my eyes :).The phone size is very similar to the iPhone; HTC Surround is a little bigger because of the speaker, but I would say there is no size difference. The built in camera is good and you have a good flash light also which is nice to have when taking pictures in dark ambience.User InterfaceMicrosoft has done a great job redesigning the screens in WP7 with "Metro". You will see that the icons (which are called tiles) in the main screen are "alive" and are not static icons like the iPhone. The tiles gives you information about your contacts (updates from Windows Live, Facebook, My Space, Messenger), some applications are using live tiles like Weather channel, so you don't have to enter the app or contacts to see the information. I think the "live tiles" will be very popular in the near future, because they can give you the information you need without wasting any time opening the application unless you need more info from it. Also live tiles make the main screen more attractive... I like them.Zune vs. iTunesAfter using iTunes for several years, I just realized that if you don't have an Apple's computer, then you will have some troubles using iTunes (at least that's my experience). I have to say that I like Zune much more than I like iTunes. Zune is all about multimedia, the UI is really nice, full of watermarks which change depending of what you are viewing and that makes you enjoy using the software, the opposite feeling when I use iTunes which I consider boring and I use it because I have to in order to synchronize my iPod.TouchscreenI think HTC's touchscreen responds better than iPhone's 3GS or 4G. The screen responds incredible fast (compared to iPhone) and touch is very accurate (much better than I got in Touch Pro... I can't even compare them!)Marketplace vs. AppstoreIn Ecuador the items you can purchase from Appstore is very limited due copyright terms, but in US you will find a lot of more applications in Appstore than Marketplace, even though Microsoft is doing a great job with developers, but there is a long way to go. I would really like to have applications in Marketplace like Whatsapp, Waze, Google Maps and Skype (which has been announced to be delivered in fall this year). If you think the applications are something really important when you have to pick your phone, then I recommend that you look at Zune or Marketplace if those applications you really like are available for WP7. If the application is not in available, then you can check at developer's forums if there are any plans to develop the software.KeyboardIf you are used to type using a built-in keyboard (like Blackberry 9300 or similar), then you will have some troubles while you get used to type on the screen. iPhone's and HTC's keyboard work pretty much the same, both respond fast and the size of the letters are good enough to type without making many mistakes. You can turn on the grammar checker that help you to correct misspelled words (only English), since 99% of the time I write in Spanish I have turned off that option so I cannot tell you if it is good or not.Office HubI expected more from WP7 Office hub. The office applications are extremely basic and I still don't know how to synchronize documents from the phone to the PC, or transfer files from the PC to the Phone. Microsoft has announced that Office Hub will be much better with the next upgrade (codename Mango)ConclusionIn conclusion, I am not an expert about phones; but I have used several models and OS and I really like this phone. Of course there are things to be done before it reaches the level of Android or iOS, but Microsoft is doing a great job with Phone manufacturers like HTC.PS: Last week I got the "NoDo" update, and now I am able to copy/paste information.--- Update: nov 6 2011 ---Many things have changed in the OS since my original review with Mango update (WP7.5) which was delivered last month. Live tiles as expected are more useful today, now you can create groups of your contacts and pin the group to the home screen. Since you can link information from Messenger, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter of your contacts, live tiles will tell you if anyone of your contacts in the group has shared something in any of those networks and you can make any comment or share anything you want without using any app, because everything is integrated in the OS.In the Message Hub now you can send messages not only using the regular SMS, you can send messages to your contacts in Messenger and Facebook Chat. The phone will let you know if the contact you are writing to is connected to one of those two networks (or both), otherwise it will suggest sending a regular SMS.Now I have Whatsapp and soon will have Skype. Waze and Google Maps still missing but I hope sooner than later they will be available.There are many changes in the phone with the upgrade of the "new" OS (WP7.5) and I don't want to make this review longer than it is already, I am really happy with this phone and I don't find any reason to go back to iPhone or change to Android.

24 of 24 people found the following review helpful.
5Great Windows Phone
By Victor
The phone is quick and extremely responsive. Reception is clean and clear, the video is sharp and smooth, Setup was a breeze and once I connected to my network surfing was enjoyable, web pages were quick and smooth. I would recommend the phone to all my friends. I have two problems:i. The company advertise the phone as UNLOCKED and it was not.2. The battery life with all the features turned on can be less than a day.The new windows interface takes some getting use to but it is very quick and stable. It has not crashed as yet and everything works.A great phone

18 of 19 people found the following review helpful.
5fantastic buy
By t man
got this phone 2 days after purchase, i definitely recommend to all that like their smart phones.windows phone 7 is so easy to use and loads of apps free to download. camera on this phonetakes decent quality pictures alot better than my old sony ericsson w995 which has a 8 mega pixelcamera. battery life last about a day most considering this is constantly keeping up to date with the webapps not bad. htc touch screen is awesome. just now waiting for the new windows phone 7 update

See all 83 customer reviews...

HTC T8788 7 Surround Unlocked Phone with Windows 7, Surround Sound, 5MP Camera and HD Video - US Warranty - Black. Reviewed by Peter M. Rating: 4.8

This Page is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More